jeudi 7 février 2008

The Freedom Writers and their readings

1. Why did Ms Gruwell have the Freedom Writers study the Holocaust and meet Holocaust survivors?
Ms Gruwell had the Freedom Writers study the Holocaust, because they did'nt know what the Holocaust was. Their situation in the "hood" is similar to the Holocaust. Mrs Gruwell wants to show them that racism is very dangerous.

2. How did the Freedom Writers relate to Anne Frank? Give examples.
Anne Frank was a Jew, it was very hard to live during World War II and Holocaust. Miep Gies helped Anne Frank. The Freedom Writers had some problems and Ms Gruwell helped them as well.

3. In what way Zlata Filipovic impacted the students’ lives? Give examples from several writers. What really surprised the Freedom writers?
She wrote in her diary "Mimmy" about the horrors of war in Sarajevo, through which she was living. He lived the similar life to Anne Frank, some news agencies and media outlets labelled her the Anne Frank of Sarajevo.

4.In diary 47, the writer says: ”Now if you ask me what race I am, like Zlata, I’ll simply say, “I’m a human being.””How could you explain that quote? Do you relate to it?
I can see on the quote "Now if you ask me what race I am, like Zlata, I'll simply say, I'm a human being." that the Freedom writers change opinion of racism after meet her.
Everyboby is human!

Aucun commentaire: